Large, modern chalet on six forested acres near skiing and hiking.
140 miles from NYC in Windham, NY.
Seven bedrooms and five split between two levels; rent the top level, or the whole house. Accommodates up to 14 guests total.
Wood-fired sauna, three outdoor fire pits, six person hot tub, two large soaking tubs in primary ensuite bathrooms.
This spacious, serene and secluded Airbnb chalet inspired by Wabi-Sabi offers a calming, rejuvenating retreat in Windham, NY. Following a recent renovation by Fleetwood Renovations, including a full basement buildout of an additional kitchen, living room, three bedrooms and two bathrooms – guests may rent one or both levels of this gorgeous, well-appointed home.
Outside, this home is a summer playground: a large deck is host to an oversize grill, large seating area around a gas fire pit, and a large dining table for al fresco meals. On the lower level, an additional table accommodates more guests and and is the perfect spot to store towels for the 6-person hot tub, or leave supplies for a night by the home’s large stone fire pit. The icing on the cake is a wood-fired sauna, hand built by the owner, with beautiful views of the surrounding forest.
Should you ever want to leave, put these local gems on your list:
- Hike the nearby trails like Windham Path, a mellow dog & kiddo-friendly ~2 mile trail, or the ~7 mile Windham Trail, offering incredible panoramic views from the mountaintop;
- Sample the delicious craft brews at West Kill Brewing;
- Stock up on fresh veggies, crafts and provisions at Pakatakan Farmer’s Market;
- Grab a bite at Wylder Hotel Windham’s Babblers Restaurant, Scribner’s Prospect or Windham Local;
- Ski during winter, hike during summer, and leaf peep all autumn at nearby ski & adventure mountains Windham Mountain and Hunter Mountain— both less than 15 minutes from the house.